I love Texas. I have lived in the Texas towns of Dumas, Amarillo, Longview,
Huntsville, Seabrook, Magnolia, Houston and presently Bellaire, which
is a small town completely surrounded by Houston. I have friends and
family from Paris to McAllen, and I hope to make the hill country my
final home years from now. Texas is a big state with terrain as varied
as the people who call it home.
10 Texas facts:
- Texas comes from the Hasinai Indian word tejas meaning friends or allies.
- Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio are three of the top ten most populous
cities in the United States.
- Austin is considered the live music capital of the world.
- El Paso is closer to Needles, California than it is to Dallas.
- The King Ranch in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
- More land is farmed in Texas than in any other state.
- The state's cattle population is estimated to be near 16 million.
- More wool comes from the state of Texas than any other state in the United
- The armadillo is the official state mammal.
Texas has the best Mexican food in the world. (O.K. That may be an opinion...)
Site contents © Neva Waldt, 2007, 2008.
All rights reserved.